Saturday, March 8, 2008

Will it ever warm up???

I am sure we are all ready for the same thing..... warmer weather. Last weekend we had a little taste of spring and it was great. Then, the snow came again. For once, we didn't get as much at our house as there was in Springfield. It was a little disappointing in fact. Just enough to cover our grass, but no more. No school in Conway, but no fun in the snow either.


They have finally started a little work on Richard and Shirley's house. The roof has been replace and they are ready to work on the inside as soon as the new windows arrive. I know they will be glad to get back in their own home.


I picked up my new end tables yesterday. Joe put the finishing touches on them (ie the legs) and I think they look great. For some reason, I am really into black. I don't know if it is in style right now or not, but I love it. The new bookshelf in the office is black. The new table in the entry is black. (Both courtesy of Dad/Poppie for Christmas - thanks!!). And now the end tables are black too.


But now, I think my shopping days are over. The price of diesel is up to $3.59/gallon. Everything we own runs on diesel except for my Tahoe and it only get 14 mi/gallon. No vacation this year. I guess that is why I am sooo looking forward to the weekend next week. I am going on my second scrapbook retreat. This one is in Branson, so it is a lot closer to home. I can't wait. We are looking forward to helping Gladys and Shirley celebrate their birthdays with Mexican of coarse. I plan to add some new pics tomorrow.



(This was written on Sat and I thought it posted - but it didn't - sorry)

No comments:

Lauren

Lauren

Hunter's school party

Hunter's school party