Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back again

I feel I must first begin by giving a great big Thank You!!! to all those who have been so helpful over the past several weeks. I could not have done it without each of you. My limited activity since surgery is really putting a crimp in my style. I am sure when I can drive next week; things will get a lot better. I have really enjoyed all the cards and flowers. They helped to brighten my days. The food has been absolutely fabulous. I could get very used to all these home cooked meals (that I don’t have to fix). Poppie came and stayed with Lauren while I was in the hospital. I am sure they had a blast. She has been with grammie Susan several days too. She was even able to go to school a couple of days this week. She was really missing her friends.

Joe has had to do some extras around the house. Most notably, he has been in charge of Lauren’s bath. I am glad that I was in the hospital for the first couple. I am sure it was an exciting and tearful adventure (before this you could the number of baths on just one hand that he had given to Lauren). I really appreciate all of his help.

Poor Lauren. She has really had to entertain herself for the past couple of weeks. There were several times I felt like I needed to rest and she had to sit beside me in bed and read or play with some toys. I could not lift her in and out of her crib, so she was forced to grow up a little more, and now sleeps in a toddler bed. She did great with the transition. She jumped right in, laid down, and said “nite mommy, I be alright”. Needless to say, these transitions are much harder on me than her. There were some tears shed, but they were mine.

Hunter is out of school. He has been busy with baseball games 2 nights a week. His team is the Cardinals and of course they are red and white. He has been playing right center field (they use 4 outfielders) and a little second base. He happens to be one of the only 8yr olds I know that can throw the ball from centerfield to home plate and is accurate. He has a great arm. Catching, on the other hand, is a whole other topic. I think he still closes his eyes when the ball is headed his way. I am sure that this will get better with time. This is the first year he has played kid pitch. One of the pitchers on his team can really "throw some heat". He will frequently go three up and three down. Even the ump backs up.


The swing set is partially finished. We did finally get a swing and Lauren loves it. She likes to say “go higher mommy, higher”. She will not sit in the baby swing anymore. The pool is now up and has water in it. It is all ready to swim in, except for one minor detail. The water temp has been fluctuating between 69-73 degrees (brr….). Today it was warm out (about 85) so hopefully the water will warm up soon.

I am sure there is much more to say, but there will be other days. Here are some random photos in no particular order. I should be back on track for weekly post (I hope).


A view of the sunset from our back porch.



















Lauren striking a pose for mommy


















Hunter splashing in the pool as it was being filled with water.


















Hunter and Lauren in the pool as it is being filled. She is just trying to stand up. (Daddy dressed her - apparently matching is not a priority).
























New favorite photo of Hunter


















Hunter and Lauren on the tower of the swingset















Lauren pointing at her "painted toes" - she insists on showing them to EVERYONE!




















Lauren swinging - I am sure she is saying "HIGHER"














New favorite photo of Lauren














Hunter and his go-cart

No comments:

Lauren

Lauren

Hunter's school party

Hunter's school party