Catching up
Wow. Has it really been 2 months since my last post. Life has been so busy, I guess I just needed a little blogging break. Lauren is finally doing better. She was sick fo so long. I was really worried about her. She even missed 5 days of school. (thanks dad for coming to help out - I am still looking for an adult sippy cup) She had a double ear infection and a stomach virus similar to roto virus. She was so pitiful. This past week she has had pink eye. Or as she says, "The Pink Eye". It is finally better too. Her big girl bed finally arrived and she has been doing great. She loves it and seems to be sleeping better. She has a second sock monkey which she loves almost as much as the first. The original she affectionately named "babycakes". The new one is named "babycakes #2". She would not even consider any other name.
Hunter is doing great. Basketball has finished up and we are anxiously awaiting a busy baseball season. I cannot believe school will be out in 6 week. He is pretty anti photo these days, but I will keep trying to get some shots and get them posted ASAP.I was gone three out of 4 weekends in March. I went to a scrapbook retreat and had a great time. I don't normally mention things like this, but I actually won 1st place in two categories. I was very excited. Then I went to Las Vegas for 5 days to attend a nursing conference. Joe was able to go with me. It was nice to have some time together. I was glad to get home though. I missed my little princess. I went to St. Louis last Friday to a Creating Keepsakes convention and wondered through tons of vendors with all kinds of scrapbook goodies.
This is a pic of Joe and me at the seafood restaurant in the Rio Hotel. The food was excellent. I was shocked at how much things cost. Business is really down and the casinos were pretty empty.

I felt just like I was in the movie "Ocean's Eleven".
Easter
We have had a very busy Easter weekend. I took Lauren to an egg hunt at church on Saturday. She had a great time hunting for eggs.
Then the hunt was on. I spent most of my time chasing behind her with camera trying to get a good shot.
On Sunday we got up early to go to sunrise service. Lauren was not excited to wake up at 5:45am on a Sunday morning. Poor little thing. She fell asleep on the potty and in the tub. Daddy got up extra early to go in and cook breakfast with the other men. It was delicious.
The Easter Bunny came while we were gone and hid eggs in the living room. Lauren was super excited.





2 comments:
Glad to see you on here again. Vegas looked fun. So cool that hubby got to go with you. Did you go to St. Louis by yourself? Get anything good? Easter looked like a blast at your house. I took way too many photos. It will take me days to go through them all.
It was worth the wait. Glad you guys had a good time in Vegas. Congrats on winning we need to see some of your work.
Post a Comment