All week Lauren has been looking forward to her Valentine's party at school and spending the night with her grammie Susan. All week long I have looked forward to having a night out on the town for dinner and maybe even a little piano bar to follow. But, it was just not meant to be. 1:30pm my cell phone rang and it was the dreaded call. Lauren had been vomiting all day at school and she wanted me to come and pick her up. I quickly tied up some loose ends at the office, went to Wal-Mart to get a trash can and wash rags for the ride home, and rushed to pick up my sick little girl. I expected that she would be resting in the office when I got there, but she wasn't. Instead, she was sitting in her class at a table all by her self, watching the other kids enjoy their party. It just broke my heart. Her teacher did not want her to miss the party so she set up a separate table for Lauren and packed her a to-go plate to take home. I had sent a disposable camera with Lauren this morning so the could get some picks since I was not going to be at the party. Lauren had been in charge of the camera, so who knows what kind of pics I will end up with.
Hope everyone has better luck this weekend then we have had. Happy Valentine's Day.




2 comments:
So sorry for Lauren and you.
Oh bummer. I hope the rest of the family stays well!
Post a Comment