Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year??

Wow. I have been meaning to log on for the past week and post some new pics of the kids. We had a great Christmas and a rather uneventful New Year's Eve. And then, there was yesterday. All day long I listened to all the comments about the wonderful warm weather. And all day long all I could think about was I sure hope we don't have a tornado. Sure enough, we did. I picked Lauren up from her daycare and the sirens began to sound. When I turned on the radio I was found I was just ahead of the storm. Based on its projected path, it was headed our way. We got home in time to warm up some dinner. While we were eating, Joe and I kept an eye on the news. Then the lights went out. I looked out the back picture window and debris was swirling around the backyard. And then we noticed the wind. It sounded like a giant turbine. Joe, Lauren and I flew down the steps to the basement. We are soooo lucky. We really should have been down there much earlier. A few minutes later the phone rang. It was Joe's parents. A very large tree was now located inside their home. Talk about bringing in the outdoors:) They had barely made it to the closet in time. Even with all the damage, we are thankful to still be alive and well. Things can all be replace.

For those who were curious, it is easy to reply to these posts. All you need is a Google account (they are free). Once you have an account, the you just click the reply to post link. I would love to hear from you.

I am having trouble loading pictures. I will keep working on it.

No comments:

Lauren

Lauren

Hunter's school party

Hunter's school party