Well, we finally did it. Joe has been asking me to get Lauren's hair cut for quite some time now. I am not really sure why I have avoided this for so long, but I have. For some reason, thinking about cutting her baby hair makes me a little sad. None the less, it was time. I must admit that his threats of using the flowbee on her beautiful curls made the decision a little easier. We talked it up for almost a week. I told her how much fun it would be and that this place is just for little "big" kids like her.
She walked right in the front door and then... the tears began. She could not decide what movie she wanted to watch. She did pick out the pink car to sit in without much thought. Then, the fun began. As you can tell, she continued to cry. Finally, when the nice lady was almost finished, Lauren stopped crying. I let her pick out some new hair bows because she was so brave. (they cost almost as much as the hair cut did). She went down the slide a few times, and then we were on our way. As we walked out the door she said, "mommy, can we come back here tomorrow". Not tomorrow Lauren, but probably in about 8 weeks.




1 comment:
I can't believe you made it this long without cutting her hair. I think Em was about a year...maybe not quite when we cut hers. I'm sure it's easier to get away with when you have curly hair! Maybe it will go better next time. Em loves that place!!!! Those pictures will be hilarious when she gets older.
Post a Comment