Friday, September 19, 2008

Joe's recovery, "I'm not a baby", and other misc. tidbits about us

Here we go again. I find myself myself trying to cover a lot of stuff, but yet keep the blog at a reasonable length. So here we go. Joe had his neck surgery on Monday. He has done pretty well since he has been home. I am sure he is at a little bit of a disadvantage since he is married to his surgeon's nurse (she really cracks the whip). His neck is becoming less stiff and he is able to do a little more for himself. Showers a dressing we a challenge for a few days. Not today though. Joe and Lauren both got themselves dressed. I was not sure who I should be more proud of:). I think he is running out of things to watch on TV. I would say a serious case of Cabin Fever is headed our way.
"I'm not a baby". This is the most common phrase around our house these days. I know Lauren is not a baby. Occasionally though, I will say something like, "thank you baby". I no more finish my sentence and here it comes. The look, followed by "I AM NOT A BABY". I just can't seem to help myself.



I have added a new "hobby" to the list of things I enjoy. I call it a hobby, because I am going to do it for fun (not as a job), and don't really expect to make much money with it. I LOVE Silpada jewelry. I just can't seem to get enough of it. So, I decided to sell it. I have my first party coming up in few weeks. My supplies have all come in (business cards, books, etc.) Of course, just like all my other hobbies, this can be expensive. So, I guess I will just have to pace myself. I have been able to accept that I cannot have every piece of scrapbook paper, every new camera gadget, or every computer accessory. Now, I will have to accept that I cannot have every piece of Silpada Jewelry.

We spent a couple of days in Branson over the Labor Day weekend with Tony and Lorelei. We stayed at Stonebridge and had a really great time. Joe and Tony played golf and Lorelei and I got to scrapbook. Cannot get much better than that. The weather was beautiful. We had some great meals. We even went to see the Presley's.

This is a shot of the covered bridge as you enter Stonebridge

This is the cabin we stayed in. It was great.


This is a shot of the living room.

A view from the clubhouse




I am on vacation for the next week. Thank goodness. Work has been really stressful. I just cannot seem to get it all done. I am also really disappointed in myself. I tried to help someone. Went out of my way to defend them (when everyone else was against them) and then they turned around and stabbed me in the back. I always seem to trust the wrong people. Maybe this time I will learn my lesson. Hopefully over the next week I can just sit back and relax, do some fun stuff (scrapbook) and spend some quality time with the family. Maybe even take some pictures.

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Why did Joe need neck surgery? I guess I missed that info. somewhere along the way. Sounds like he is well taken care of with you around though!

We always call Em "baby." We sometimes use that more than her name. I hope she doesn't start using the "I'm not a baby" deal with us. Trai has called her "baby girl" from the get go!

I'm sorry you had someone stab you in the back. That's never fun, but at least lessons can be learned. I'm glad you are going to be on vacation. That sounds nice. I'm only a month into school and looking forward to our next 4 day week. :) I have a feeling this year is going to fly by though. I can't believe we're already nearing the end of September.

Have fun and I can't wait to see your pics!

Kodi Logan said...

Here's a link to the pumpkin patch we go to if you are interested.


http://www.campbellsmazedaze.com/cmdhome.html#activities

Lauren

Lauren

Hunter's school party

Hunter's school party