Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Gone Fishin'

I can honestly say there are many reasons I love living in the country.

  • I love the peace and quite.
  • I love the clear night skies.
  • I love being able to look up at the stars and listen to all the sounds of nature.
  • I love the smells (most of the smells) like fresh cut hay and burning brush.
  • I love looking out the back picture window and being able to see for miles and miles.

Most of all, I love that this is where we get to raise our family. This is such an amazing place for the kids to grow up. They can run around outside and just be kids. Not a worry in the world.

One of the things they have been begging to do this summer is go fishing. I am not much of an outdoor girl. I do not like to get dirty. I do not like to sweat. But......... I will do this for my kids.

This was Lauren's first time fishing. She had a blast. Joe or I would cast out and she reeled it in. It is very hard to be patient, especially when you are four. She was ready to quit after about 2 minutes. Then, the fish began to bite. First Hunter, then Joe. Then Hunter. Then Joe again. And Finally....... A fish for Lauren! Her very first one.


(Lauren's first catch)

She was all smiles. Ear to ear. At least after she realized she did not have to touch the fish. She did not want to get too close. I cannot really blame her. I don't like to get to close either.

Hunter caught fish after fish. He has not quite figured out that he cannot reel it all the way to the top though. Lost a few of the "big ones". I think the excitement is just too much


We hope to spend some more of our evenings sitting by the pond. Enjoying each other. Watching the kids grow up, right before our eyes.

(A side note. Two words - COW POOP. It is not a good idea to wear your best sneakers when fishing out by our pond. Lauren and I will be sporting some lovely rubber boots on our next outing)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like SO much fun! Our kids also love to fish. Cow poop and ticks. Not fun.

Boots AND bug spray next time!

There is simply NOTHING better than kids being raised in the country and I am not biased at all.

Lauren

Lauren

Hunter's school party

Hunter's school party