Saturday, July 19, 2008

What's up with us

I have been so busy since I went back to work, that it seems like I cannot finish anything. The house is half clean, the laundry is half done etc.... There are just not enough hours in the day. Lauren has had a little trouble adjusting to getting up early again. It is like trying to wake a hibernating bear. Let's just say, she is not an early morning girl.


We had a great 4th of July. Actually a great 4th and 5th. We decided to move the party to the 5th (we thought it was going to rain), but both days turned out to be really nice. Jim, Stacie and Paige could only come on Friday, so the came up anyway. It was great for the girls to get to play together. They did really well, only one little tiff. It makes us wish we lived closer so they could play more often. Joe and Jim grew up together. It would be nice if the girls could too.


We had a great time on the 5th too. The pool was a little cold, but still enjoyable. Joe was able to finish the deck enough that we could use it, but it still needs some work. I was in high hopes that Lauren would like the fireworks this year, but no such luck. She did one sparkler and it popped. Then she started to cry, and it was all down hill from there. We moved to the front for the large display. ( Joe has a buddy that owns a fireworks' stands-- he always hooks us up with some great stuff). Lauren sat on my lap with her hands over her ears. After 2-3 big booms, she wanted to leave. I asked her where she wanted to go and she said, "anywhere but here mommy". She begged to go to bed, so that is what she did.

I finished up my 2nd digital class and have learned some new techniques. It has been fun, and I hope to sign up for the next one. I am still a little bummed that I did not get in to the photo class (even though I would not have had time to do the assignments). I sent some of my layouts to be printed. It was fun to see the finished product. I found several typo's. I guess I need to look at them a little more carefully.


Dad and Mitzie seem to be having a good time in Alaska. They will be coming home in a few weeks. Lauren sure has missed her Poppie. She cannot wait to get on the pool table. I wanted to post some pics of them, but they have not sent any.

Joe's mom had her surgery on Thursday. We went to see her today, and she is doing OK. I think it will be a long recovery. It has sorta put me in a pinch for daycare. I was forced to put Lauren in daycare for 4 days instead of 3. I guess she will get used to it.

We are going to my mom's for dinner tomorrow. Family will be in from out-of-town. I am looking forward to it. My mom has been sick, so I hope she will be up to company and cooking. It will be nice to eat someone else's cooking for a change. With everything being so expensive, we rarely eat out anymore (not that we went out much anyway). We did eat at Red Lobster tonight and it was great. I am almost too stuffed to type!!

Just some random pics from the last several weeks. Not much time to edit, so they still need some work.

Just a cute pic of Hunter on the finished swingset.
































Lauren on July4 - out by the pool.























Lauren and Paige ready for their swim









Lauren loves to play dress-up in her princess dress. She wears her purple snow boots (princess boots) because "they match"


More of the little princess














Lauren on July 5th - not a happy girl.

2 comments:

Amy Wissbaum said...

Not sure what is up the the extra spaces, I tried to fix them, but they would not go away!!

Kodi Logan said...

At least you have a reason for things only being half done. I'm not working and can't manage to get everything finished! :)

Cute pics. I can tell that Lauren would love the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disney.

I'm impressed that she even held a sparkler. Emmarie wouldn't even do that. She would watch them, but she kept saying she didn't like them.

Lauren

Lauren

Hunter's school party

Hunter's school party