Friday, November 7, 2008

"Halloweena" Happenings

We had a great Halloweena this year. Halloweena is Lauren's way of saying halloween. The name has just stuck. Lauren and I went to Hunter's class party. 3rd graders at Conway do not dress in their costumes anymore. This is just another sign that he is growing up way too fast. The little kids parade through the classrooms and waive at everyone. They looked so cute. Hunter did not really want to get dressed up until he realized that no costume=no candy. He quickly changed his mind. Then the search was on. Hunter wanted to be Indiana Jones (along with about a bazillion other boys in this area). I searched all over Springfield, Marshfield and Lebanon. Finally, I found his costume at Target online. When the costume arrived, he seemed less than interested. He put it on Halloween evening and went through the motions, going door-to-door with his sister. Much to my surprise, he had the costume out and on most of the rest of the weekend. I guess it turned out to be cool after all to dress like Indiana Jones. Lauren had a blast going to each house. She gladly reached out with her little bag and said "trick-or-treat pippity poppity boo" at each place we went. She was waiving her magic witch wand all the while. I think we have enough candy to last the rest of our lives!! Here is just a sample of the photos from our day.

Here are a couple of photos of Hunter and Lauren from his class party.




Hunter and Lauren all dressed up and ready to go.




Lauren is already loaded with yummies and this is only the 1st stop.

Here is a photo of Hunter and one of his classmates/our neighbor. Both Indiana Jones!

Lauren and our little neighbor RJ. He is actually a few months younger, but weighs about 20lbs more!

Hunter and Lauren with their PaPa

1 comment:

Kodi Logan said...

Ahhhh, what cuties! They both looked great! I love Lauren's colorful witch costume. Cutest witch I've ever seen! I'm glad you all had a good Halloweena!

Lauren

Lauren

Hunter's school party

Hunter's school party