Lauren comes up with some of the funniest stuff some times and I thought I would share 2 of her most recent funny moments. First, we were driving to Springfield the other day and the sun was shining in Lauren's car window. The story went as follows:
Lauren: "Mommy, can you please turn down the sun. It is in my eyes and I am trying to take a little snooze before we get to school"?
Me: "Lauren, mommy can't move the sun. It is high high in the sky".
Lauren: "Way up high with God"
Me: "I guess so".
I looked back through my rear view mirror and could see that Lauren was looking up and out of her window. It was quiet for a few moments and then I heard.....
"God, it is me, Lauren Nicole Wissbaum. Can you PLEASE turn down the sun? It is in my eyes and mommy forgot my sunglasses. I am trying to take a little snooze before we get to school".
I had to laugh out loud a little. She even remembered to say please.
Lauren: "Mommy, can you please turn down the sun. It is in my eyes and I am trying to take a little snooze before we get to school"?
Me: "Lauren, mommy can't move the sun. It is high high in the sky".
Lauren: "Way up high with God"
Me: "I guess so".
I looked back through my rear view mirror and could see that Lauren was looking up and out of her window. It was quiet for a few moments and then I heard.....
"God, it is me, Lauren Nicole Wissbaum. Can you PLEASE turn down the sun? It is in my eyes and mommy forgot my sunglasses. I am trying to take a little snooze before we get to school".
I had to laugh out loud a little. She even remembered to say please.
We have been practicing Lauren's songs for the church Christmas program twice a day (going to and from Springfield). She has 3 songs to learn and seem to be learning more and more every day. I was in the basement last night, working on a scrapbook project. Lauren was sitting and "projecting" (as she calls it) at her little table next to me . She had been pretty quiet and then all of a sudden she began to sing Go Tell it on the Mountain. Her version is a little different and goes like this:
"Go tell it on the mountain. Over the hills and everywhere.
Go tell it on the mountain. Over the hills and everywhere.
Go tell it on the mountain. Over the hills and everywhere.
Go tell it on the mountain that Jesus Christ is four."
According to Lauren, he is not 3 anymore because he just had a birthday too. She was just singing her little heart out. I had to laugh on the inside because she was so proud of herself, I just did not want to hurt her feelings. It makes me smile just to think about it.
I feel the need to post some sort of picture, so this is one I took the other day when she was playing dress-up.




1 comment:
Hilarious! Emmarie always has issues with the sun.
Em is standing here with me and when she saw pics of Lauren she said, "Hey, there's my best friend." I have no idea where that came from! :)
Post a Comment