Just a quick little post with some new pics. Lauren, Grammie Susan (my mom) and I drove to Branson today to go to the Butterfly Palace. Lauren has been asking to go to "the Palace" for months (ever since she saw it on TV). I had promised to take her while I was off (nothing like waiting until the last minute). I thought it was supposed to rain today, so it would be a perfect day to head to Branson. It was sunny and beautiful (and hot and sticky) in Branson today. We stopped in Springfield to pick up Grammie and headed south. Lauren was very cranky all morning. Actually she has been cranky for several days (she is getting some teeth). She did not nap in the car. We got to the Butterfly Palace and got right in. She did not like the 3D movie and the glasses made me sick to my stomach, but we did get to see the butterflies. There were some that were really beautiful. Especially the ones with bright blue wings. Those did not hold still, so I did not get any pics. Lauren really wanted one to land on her finger, but that just didn't happen. One of the pics shows her pouty face when the butterfly did not do what she wanted. It was a pretty good time.
We stopped for lunch and headed to the outlet mall. I had Lauren try on some tennis shoes in a whole size bigger than what she has been wearing. They fit, so I guess she has been wearing shoes that are too small! (I need to pay closer attention). She and Hunter have been growing so fast, it is hard to keep them in clothes and shoes.
We then drove toward home. Just a little sprinkle of rain, but nothing major. When we got to my mom's house the tornado sirens were sounding, so I checked the weather. I am sure glad I did because there was a bad storm and I would have been driving right through the middle. Once the bad weather passed, we headed home. I am just about tired of all this bad weather. It is summer! Bring on some sunshine - please.
The other pics are of Lauren with her bubbles. She has been asking daily to blow bubbles, so last night we did. I think she got more of the liquid in her mouth then she got to blow bubbles with.




1 comment:
I love the pouty face behind all those curls! I can't get over how beautiful her hair is!
I thought kids were done getting teeth at this age????I've been wondering b/c Emmarie has had her fingers or some object in her mouth non stop for several days now. I just really thought we were done until we start losing some.
The Butterfly Palace is really neat...I think it is way overpriced, but so many things are these days. I have some really cool photos from that day that are still waiting to be scrapped. I definitely have enough pics now to keep me busy for a lifetime!
Post a Comment