Friday, June 13, 2008

A guy weekend

It is not very often that we do something specific for Joe. This weekend is the exception. The Red Power Round-Up (RPRU) came to Missouri this year and here we are. This is the place to find anything and everything International Harvester. Joe is definitely a red tractor guy!! I am sure that he was as excited to come here as I was when I went to the Scrapbook Generation retreat this spring. I could not say that I didn’t want to go to RPRU when he asked, since he said I could go to another retreat in the fall (yippee!!) It rained all morning. What is a girl to do when it is raining….. well shop of course! We went to a great shoe store and then to Target. I love Target. It is a good thing that we live 50+ miles from Target, or I would be there all the time. (Sorry, I digressed). We finally got to go to RPRW this afternoon. We walked and looked, walked and looked, and walked and looked some more. There was mud everywhere. I ruined my shoes (good thing I bought a new pair just hours before).

I am posting a few pics. The quality is not that great since I left my SLR at home and brought the point-and-shoot. I guess I would have been somewhat upset if my camera or lenses got wet, so it was probably a smart idea.
Joe and Hunter went for a swim after we got back to the hotel. I am sure it was nice to get into a pool that was warmer than 77 F.
No pics of me since I was behind the camera. No pics of Lauen either (she is staying with grammie in Springfield). I am sure she is having a great time, but I miss my little princess










This is a pic of Joe and Hunter with Joseph Ertl - he is the ower of Ertl die cast toys. He signed and dated the one that we bought, although it is not the one pictured (that one was $180.00).











A pic of one of a BIG IH truck - now that is a man's truck.










This is a pic of Joe and Hunter in front of one of his favorites.




3 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

THat's so cool that you got to take Joe to something so manly for Father's Day weekend. I must not know much about tractors b/c I couldn't believe that little one cost$180.

I've always wanted to go the SG retreats, but our money is always tight when those things roll around. Maybe someday, before I'm really, really old, I'll make it to one!

Amy Wissbaum said...

Kodi- I didn't know anything about tractors until I was married 5 yrs ago. I am a city girl born and raised. I don't do many of the chores when it is cold, hot or raining (I guess I am a fair weather farmer)

The SG retreats are a blast (I have only been to one, but I loved every minute). I went to one this past spring. I have been saving ever since. I usually get gift cert.to SG for my birthday and Christmas - those help too. Otherwise, I would not be able to go either. I may be riding my bike because gas will be too expensive to drive :)

Kodi Logan said...

I'm a major city slicker! We went to the farm park today in Springfield and I was ready to leave shortly after arriving. Something about the really, really hot weather and the smell of a farm just don't mix for me. But I stuck it out for Em's sake! :)

Maybe once we get our windows paid for and make sure our tax money is going to cover ALL of our Disney trip, I can start saving for scrappin' retreats. I go on free ones with my friends at least once a year, so it's hard to pay for one when I have that luxury. I'm looking forward to getting our first assignment tomorrow morning. I'm not sure when I'll get to it, but I'm sure it will find a way to the top of my list! :)

Lauren

Lauren

Hunter's school party

Hunter's school party