Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Part 2 - Random thoughts

It is beautiful outside today. Sunny and the temp is just great, unless you want to be in the pool. I am sure I am the only one who lives in this area and is complaining about the weather. Since Lauren is at school today, I have most of the day to myself. I could be cleaning, but who wants to do that. I pulled weeds in the flower bed and swept off the front entry. But that is really as ambitious as I am today. I would really like to be floating on my raft, but yep you guessed it, the water is again too cold. Today, the water temp is 72 F. It did finally get to 82, but that was while we were gone. With all the rain and the cool nights, the temp went down again. I know the summer is just beginning, but my time at home is about over. Surgery was 5 weeks ago today, and I am feeling just fine. In less than 2 weeks, I will be jumping back into my regular routine. No more sleeping til 7:30am. No more spending the day with my princess. No more eating dinner at home as a family before 6:30pm. No more taking my time. As I was driving to town today, I explained to Lauren that we would be going back to our old schedule in just a few day. She just looked at me and said, "I guess I have to hurry, hurry, hurry Lauren". Yes, that is me - Hurry, Hurry, Hurry!!

I am posting some new pics. Nothing special, but I don't like to post without pics. Not sure why the pics loaded the way they did, but oh well. Blogger is soooo slow today, I don't want to try to load them again. 1st pic - Joe and Lauren looking for the moon. She is obsessed with the moon. 2nd pic is Lauren in her floaty. 3rd pic is Lauren waiting to get in the pool. 4th pic is Joe, Hunter and Lauren in Father's Day.







2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Cute pics. I can't believe this, but I didn't take one pic of Em and Trai together on Father's Day. Thankfully, I have tons of shots of them together! :)

If you don't mind me asking, what type of surgery did you have? And what type of nursing do you do...which hospital?

Amy Wissbaum said...

Kodi - I sent you a PM to answer your questions. I got several photos of Joe and the kids for Father's day, but I don't have any of Lauren and me for Mother's Day:(

Lauren

Lauren

Hunter's school party

Hunter's school party