I was finally able to get in the pool this week. The water has been a little cold still avg. 77 or so, but it is definitely beginning to warm up. At one point yesterday, the water temp got up to 82. Lauren has been in twice. The 1st time was before I had been released to swim, so I couldn’t get in with her. We put her life jacket on and thought she might like to float. Wrong!!! She hated it. She clung to her dad; hold on for dear life. The next time she got in, we put her in her floaty. At first she screamed and cried and held on for dear life again. Then, she realized she liked the water and did not even want me to hold on to her floaty. She likes to splash her mom and dad ( I think her brother taught her that trick).
I only have 3 more weeks until I have to go back to work. Ugh! It has been nice to be at home with Joe and the kids, but I am not sure how much more dollhouse I can play! Santa sure picked out a great thing for Lauren last year. Surprisingly, she still plays with it every day.
Lauren is big in to Potato head and a special group of books too. Her favorite books now are: Booty and the Beast (Beauty and the Beast), Nursey Nancy (Nurse Nancy), Kitty (The Shy Little Kitten), Red Caboose (The Little Red Caboose), Farmer Brown (The Jolly Barnyard). If we are going to read one, then we have to read them all.
Hunter went with his mom and step-dad to Gulf Shore Alabama. He called to let us know how much he liked the Ocean. He could not believe how big it is!! He also got to stop by “Elvis’ House”. He loves Elvis. Hunter mowed the yard for the first time this week. Hopefully, this will become his job soon!! :)
One last cute Lauren story and then I must go. Joe and Lauren got up early the other day. He told her to come and wake me up because I was “sleeping my life away”. She replied, “Mommy is not sleeping in the microwave”!!
"The Look"
Lauren's 2nd day in the pool




4 comments:
Lauren is ADORABLE!!!! I love that curly hair. Your header looks great by the way! Putting those digi skills to work, huh?
It sounds like we go to the same doctor's office...Em sees Dr.Nitta. I had to take her today for a sinus infection. Ugh.
I think your blog is great! How about some pics of you???? :)
I just noticed the picture of you with your husband and daughter. Was it there before????
I signed up for Now We're Rockin' with Photoshop. I wasn't going to just b/c things are so crazy in my life right now, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to learn cool things since I'll have a whole bunch of Disney pictures to play with soon. Did you register?
Yesterday, I was right in the middle of blogging and BAM - no internet. UGH!!!!! I called my husband to see if he was digging in the yard and had cut through the DSL line, but he didn't. Spent 45 min on the phone with Centurytel and.... still no internet. They told me it would be sometime today before they fixed it. I woke up this morning and... we have internet again :) It is amazing how dependent on it I am.
Anyway, I was working on adding pictures yesterday when it went down. Should be adding some others today.
I did get signed up for the Now We're Rockin and I can't wait. I just finished the 1st class last week, and I have really missed it.
Yeah, I'm the say way...I can't stand it if I can't get on the internet. It's weird to imagine life without cell phones and internet! :) I'm kind of glad they didn't have those things when I was in high school. I would have been a totally different kid.
I almost forgot to sign up for the Now We're Rockin last night. It was about an hour after registration opened before I remembered. I hadn't talked to my husband about it either. I was afraid I might not get in. I know her classes fill up fast. It will be fun to go through that journey with someone.
Post a Comment